Design systems are one of the most popular new ways to create and document the UI building blocks that make up a product.
When it comes to a design system, your components will be used by multiple teams on different platforms.
So how do you ensure that you help deliver a high-quality product?
In this talk, Marie Drake — Principal Test Automation Engineer @ News UK — shared her experience at News UK, and how they came up with a testing strategy for their newest offering (NewsKit Design System).
Marie covered the following talking points:
- A brief introduction to News UK’s tech reset and Product Platforms Team
- Why a Design System?
- A look at our Testing Strategy and overview of testing tools
Click here to access Marie’s “Roadmap to Testing a Design System” slide deck
Full webinar recording
- Connect with Marie Drake on Twitter and LinkedIn, and on her Tech Blog
- Testing Design System Changes Across Your Application — Intuit Use Case — webinar with Sr. Engineer Tyler Krupicka [on-demand session]
- Design Systems and Testability [post, based on Tyler’s webinar, above]
- Angie Jones Presents: “Automated Visual Testing: A Fast Path To Test Automation Success” — ace automated visual testing with this free 9-chapter online course by industry leader Angie Jones, exclusive on Test Automation University!
- Whitepaper — The Impact of Visual AI on Test Automation Report — Empirical data from 288 quality engineers automating tests with Cypress, Selenium, and Webdriver IO
- Ask 288 Of Your Peers About Visual AI [post]
- Visual UI Testing as an Aid to Functional Testing [post by Gil Tayar]
- Start visually testing today — with your free Applitools account — open yours right here