Design systems are one of the most popular new ways to create and document the UI building blocks that make up a product.
Component-based frameworks — such as React, Angular, and Vue — have taught teams to break apart their application interface into reusable pieces, while projects like Storybook have allowed us to document and test these components at scale.
What happens when you make design changes using a central system, instead of individual screens? How do you make changes with confidence when your update impacts every screen in the product?
In this webinar, Tyler Krupicka — Senior Software Engineer @ Intuit — shared how Intuit tests design system changes for TurboTax, a product with thousands of reconfigurable screens that share a common design language.
He also discussed why design systems have become so important to his team, the tools his team uses, as well as providing a deep dive on how Intuit routinely changes thousands of screens simultaneously.
Watch this in-depth live session, and discover:
- What are design systems, and how they can help you build consistent experiences
- How Intuit uses design systems to build thousands of unique screens in TurboTax
- How we test and release widespread changes with confidence in:
- Visual Consistency
- How you can build and maintain your own design system at scale
Tyler’s Slide Deck
Full Webinar Recording
- GitHub links Tyler discussed during the webinar:
- CLI toolbox for creating design systems — https://github.com/intuit/design-systems-cli
- Tappable integration testing library for your stories — https://github.com/intuit/proof
- Follow Tyler on Twitter
- Angie Jones Presents: “Automated Visual Testing: A Fast Path To Test Automation Success” — ace automated visual testing with this free 9-chapter online course by industry leader Angie Jones, exclusive on Test Automation University!
- Whitepaper — The Impact of Visual AI on Test Automation Report — Empirical data from 288 quality engineers automating tests with Cypress, Selenium, and Webdriver IO
- Ask 288 Of Your Peers About Visual AI [post]
- “Modern Functional Test Automation Through Visual AI” — Take the free online course only on Test Automation University
- Visual UI Testing as an Aid to Functional Testing [post by Gil Tayar]
- Start visually testing today — with your free Applitools account — open yours right here