While most people are still using Java 8 from six years ago, new versions of the language are being released every six months!
The latest Java versions provide an abundance of new features, such as functional programming capabilities, switch expressions, local variable type inference, additions to the Stream API, new factory methods for Collections, text blocks and much more.
With so much content, your Java upgrade should be more than simply the update of a jar file. Your test code no longer has to be as verbose as it once was — this means less code to write and maintain!
This talk by Angie Jones introduces the new features of Java 9 – 14 and provides examples of how these features can be used for test automation.
- Introduction of new features in the latest 6 releases of Java (Java 9 – 14)
- Examples of how the features can be used for test automation projects
- Greater command of the programming language
- Trisha Gee’s slides on upgrading — the resource Angie mentions in the session
- Angie Jones Presents: “Automated Visual Testing: A Fast Path To Test Automation Success” — ace automated visual testing with this free 9-chapter online course, exclusive on Test Automation University!
- 3 Steps to Visual Testing for PDF Files [with Code] — post by Angie Jones
- Meeting CI/CD Requirements: Key Factors in Test Automation We Must Consider – w/ Angie Jones and Jessica Deen [webinar]
- Test Automation as a Key Enabler for High-performing Teams – with Angie Jones and Google’s Nicole Forsgren [webinar]
- Applying the Pillars of Object-Oriented Programming to Test Automation — w/ Angie Jones [webinar]
- UI Tests In CI-CD — post-webinar review about the Angie Jones and Jessica Deen (MSFT) webinar
- Start visually testing your app and site today, with your free Applitools account — Click here