Automated tests are a key component of CI (continuous integration) pipelines. They provide confidence that with newly added check-ins, the build will still work as expected. In some cases, the automated tests have the additional role of gating deployments upon failure.
With such a critical responsibility, it’s important that automated tests are developed to meet the needs of continuous integration.
Angie and Jessica also showed a live demo of integrating frontend tests to your pipeline within an Azure DevOps build — so we can see all those theories come to life.
Supporting Materials — put together for you by Jessica Deen:
— All the following links can also be found here. So check it out! —
- Microsoft Open Source Home Page – Click here
- Click here Free Applitools Account –
- Relevant Training Blog Posts:
- Great Learning Blocks
- Microsoft Azure Cloud Links
- Demo Resources
- Examples used to create a demo
- VS Code Extension Resources
- Other links
- Jessica’s Contact Information — Let’s stay in touch!
Additional Recommended Materials:
- Must-see webinar: DevOps & Quality in The Era Of CI-CD: An Inside Look At How Microsoft Does It — webinar w/ Abel Wang, Principal Cloud Advocate, DevOps Lead @ Microsoft
- Angie Jones Presents: “Automated Visual Testing: A Fast Path To Test Automation Success” — ace automated visual testing with this free 9-chapter online course, exclusive on Test Automation University!
- How Visual UI Testing Can Speed Up DevOps Flow
- 3 Steps to Visual Testing for PDF Files [with Code] — post by Angie Jones
- Building a Complete Pipeline: The Essential Components of Continuous Testing — on-demand webinar