Watch this on-demand session for an inside look at how Microsoft navigates DevOps in the era of CI-CD.
Abel Wang — Sr. DevOps expert @ Microsoft — discussed what DevOps is, why it’s important, and what products help MSFT solve DevOps challenges.
Abel also showed how Microsoft copes with, and solves, a major DevOps challenge: maintaining quality across its Dev/Test pipeline.
With 70% of companies citing CI-CD as a top strategic initiative, we no longer question the need for DevOps — but implementing a successful DevOps practice and maintaining app quality remain challenging for companies of all sizes.
At Microsoft, DevOps means something specific: DevOps is the union of people, processes and products enabling the continuous delivery of value to end users.
This union isn’t easy.
Aligning these three pillars takes careful planning. Making sure the right culture, the right software development processes, and the right products and tools are in place enables this comprehensive DevOps mindset.
Among the topics covered:
- 3 Pillars of DevOps — as defined by Microsoft
- How MSFT organized its team for DevOps success
- DevOps best practices — recommended by the experts @ MSFT
- How to maintain quality while continuously delivering apps
Abel’s Slide Deck:
Abel’s Code Examples on GitHub
Full webinar recording:
Additional Resources and Recommended Reading:
- Putting Quality First: Evolution of Dev/Test and DevOps in the Era of Continuous Delivery — webinar with Joe Colantonio and Adam Auerbach
- How to Update Jenkins Build Status in GitHub Pull Requests — Step-by-Step Tutorial by Sophie Tagar
- How to Test Your GitHub Pull Requests so You Don’t Break Your UI – post by Al Sargent
- Integrate Applitools Eyes Test Results Into Slack — Step-by-Step Tutorial by Eran Barlev
- How to Improve Customer Experience with Visual AI — interview with James Lamberti, Applitools CMO
- Applitools for DevOps – Learn how Applitools can help you continuously test and monitor the UI of your app as part of your CI-CD process: monitor all the critical visual aspects of your digital business to be more confident, and frequent with your releases.
- GitHub and Visual Studio Team Services Integrations – now in Applitools Eyes
- Release Apps with Flawless UI: Open your Free Applitools Account, and start visual testing today.
- Test Automation U — the most-talked-about test automation initiative of the year: online education platform led by Angie Jones, offering free test automation courses by industry leaders. Sign up and start showing off your test automation certificates and badges!