In this webinar, you’ll learn how the newly re-factored Selenium IDE is guaranteed to augment your testing efforts, regardless of your team’s automation “maturity” level, or your personal technical knowledge or experience.
Watch this session with Dave Haeffner and Tomer Steinfeld – full-time maintainers of Selenium IDE — and learn:
- Why codeless solutions are worth paying attention to
- 10 traits of a great codeless testing tool
- Key features in the New Selenium IDE:
- Reliable test playback with “locator fallback”
- Enhance tests with control flow logic (e.g. if, else if, else, while, do, while, times)
- Built-in debugger for diagnosing issues in your tests
- Turn-key parallel, cross-browser execution that can be used on CI
- Add/modify commands in the IDE, or integrate with a third-party provider through plugins
- Roadmap – what’s in store for the New Selenium IDE
Dave also shared how he went from a record-and-playback naysayer to the Selenium IDE maintainer.
In addition, this session includes 20 minutes of live Q-and-A with Dave and Tomer.
Full webinar recording:
Demos (from the session):
Parallel execution with the Runner (slide 13 in the slide deck):
Reusable Test Case (slide 17 in the slide deck):
Additional Materials and Recommended Reading:
“10 Features Every Codeless Test Automation Tool Should Offer” — article by Angie Jones (as mentioned in the session by Dave)
Selenium IDE Page – on the Selenium Project website
Selenium Conf London – October 7-8, 2019, London UK – Join 600 test automation pros and an amazing lineup of speakers, including: Richard Bradshaw, Ash Coleman, and more. CFP and Early Bird Ticket Sales open on Feb 27!
Selenium IDE: The Next Generation — webinar with the Godfather of Selenium: Simon Stewart, inventor of Selenium WebDriver.
Release Apps with Flawless UI: Open your Free Applitools Account, and start visual testing today.
Test Automation U — the most-talked-about test automation initiative of the year: online education platform led by Angie Jones, offering free test automation courses by industry leaders. Sign up and start showing off your test automation badges!
— HAPPY TESTING —