We have written a lot about Selenium, and about using Selenium and Applitools.
We want you to have one place to show you all things Selenium. We know this is a tall order; you could be a Selenium expert, or you could be getting started with Selenium. Perhaps you would like to:
- Learn some advanced Selenium skills and capabilities
- Compare Selenium with other test automation tools
- Learn about user experiences with Selenium and Applitools
- Understand what makes the combination of Applitools and Selenium so valuable.
No matter where you are on this spectrum, from novice to expert, here are all our Selenium-related articles, webinars, and tutorials in one place.
Getting Started – Learn about Selenium and Applitools
If you are interested in learning how to get started with Selenium, or how to use Selenium with Applitools, we have a lot of content to help you get started. These include:
Test Automation University
We have courses that teach you Selenium in detail for specific languages.
We have a course to teach you how to use Selenium IDE.
We also have courses that utilize Selenium as part of learning test automation, including:
- Scaling Tests with Docker
- Behavior Driven Python with Pytest BDD
- Automated Visual Testing in C#
- Automated Visual Testing A Fast Path to Test Automation Success
- Web Element Locator Strategies
- Introduction to TestNG
- Capybara Ruby
- Java Programming Course
Applitools has posted the following tutorials for using Applitools with Selenium.
- Selenium Java Tutorial
- Applitools for Selenium IDE Tutorial
- Selenium C# Tutorial
- Selenium PHP Tutorial
- Selenium Python Tutorial
- Selenium Ruby Tutorial
If you are looking to read about Selenium, we have you covered. Over several years we have written a number of blog posts to help readers get up to speed on test automation with Selenium. Here are some of those key posts.
- 7 Must-read Selenium Tutorials
- 7 Steps to Master Functional Testing
- 24 Top Selenium Resources
- Can Image-Based Functional Test Automation Tools Automate Visual Testing?
- How To Add Visual Testing To Your Existing Selenium Tests
- How to Add Visual Testing to Selenium – by Dave Haeffner
- Record Playback and Visual Testing
- 16 reasons why to use Selenium IDE in 2019 (and 2 why not)
- How To Do Cross-browser Visual Testing with Selenium
- Writing CSS Selectors – The Easy Way!
- Web Element Locator Strategies [A Student’s Experience]
- 3 Steps to Visual Testing for PDF Files [with Code]
If you would prefer to watch a webinar instead of reading a blog post, we have also hosted webinars on a range of topics about Selenium. The recordings can be accessed from our blog. These webinar recordings include:
- Practical Tips and Tricks for Selenium Test Automation
- Mastering Test Automation: How to Use Selenium Successfully – presented by Dave Haeffner
- “Test What Matters: Automated Analytics Testing” – by Marcus Merrell
- Step-by-Step Guide to Flawless UI Delivery – with Cloud-based Visual Testing
- Dave Haeffner’s Proven Method to Grading the Quality of Selenium Tests
- Selenium 3.0, the Spec, and Onwards – with Simon Stewart, Selenium Project Lead
- Release Perfect Apps with Mobile Visual UI Testing in the Cloud
- Awesome Test Automation Made Simple – presented by Dave Haeffner
- The Ultimate Test: Ace Your Next Job Interview (great questions about functional testing)
Advanced Topics with Selenium and Applitools
Once you have proceeded past the basics, it’s time to dig deeply into test topics that will help you master using Selenium to achieve your larger test goals.
- How to do Advanced Automated Visual UI Testing With Selenium
- Cross-Platform Testing in a Dash
- How to Do Visual Regression Testing with Selenium
- How To Handle Visual Testing False Positives – Part 1
- How To Handle Visual Testing False Positives – Part 2
- How to Automate Electron Applications Using Selenium
- Automating Your Test Runs with Continuous Integration — CI Series by Dave Haeffner
- How To Get Started with Automated Web Testing — CI Series by Dave Haeffner
- Selenium Tips and Tricks – Talk by Dave Haeffner
- Selenium Conference 2015 – Advanced Visual Testing with Selenium
- Advanced Test Automation Techniques for Testing Responsive Apps and Sites
- The Future of Selenium – Talk by Andreas Tolfsen @ SeTLV Meetup
- Advanced Techniques for Testing Responsive Apps and Sites
- Automating Accessibility Tests: Web is for Everyone
- State of Selenium and Test Automation: 4 Leading Experts Share Their Vision of Things to Come
- Continuous Testing Done Right: Test Automation at the World’s Leading Non-profit
Comparing Selenium Versus…
Once you know something about Selenium, it becomes important to understand how other test automation tools compare with Selenium. Do they all use the webdriver to apply tests? Do they work on all browsers that support webdriver? Do you get the wealth of programming languages you find with Selenium? Here are some blog posts and webinars that compare and contrast Selenium with other test technologies – including how they link with Applitools.
- Cypress vs Selenium WebDriver: Better, or just different?
- Mobile Test Automation 101: Everything You Need to Know about Appium
- How Protractor makes it easier to visually test Angular apps
- Protractor vs. Selenium: Which is easier for testing?
- The Future of Test Automation: Leading Experts Share their Vision for 2017
- Test Automation in 2019: Glimpse of the Near Future From the Experts Who Shape It
Customer Stories – Selenium and Applitools
Finally, you’d like to know how companies use Selenium and Applitools together for greater engineering efficiency, greater test quality, and faster time to market. Here are a few stories to review.
- How Applitools changed visual UI testing at LexBlog
- Selenium Tips, and Wix Automation Secrets
- LivePerson on Selenium Locators and Wix on Large Scale Automation
- How JFrog Automates Selenium In Jenkins
- Visual Test Automation with PayPal’s Nemo and Applitools Eyes
Also published on Medium.