You can copy baselines from one branch to another branch. The new branch may be an existing branch, or a branch that is created as part of this sequence.
Each copied baselines become the latest revision of the destination baseline, and will be used as a reference for test runs that match that baseline. If a baseline with the same execution environment already exists in the target baselines, it will be quietly overwritten. Note that copying a baseline is different from branching in various ways. One of the main difference is that with branching you can merge the new branch back to the original branch, whereas once you copy a baseline to another branch it loses any relationship with the source baseline. TBD - we need to explain briefly how they are different - what are the differences and the key use cases for each operation ?)
You can copy baselines from either the branch baselines page or from the test baseline page. In both cases navigate to the baseline that you want to copy from:
Navigating to the branch baseline page.
- Navigate to the Branch baselines page using the Page navigator.
- Select the branch with the baseline you want to copy.
Navigating to the test baseline page
- Navigate to the Apps & tests page.
- Find the test application in the left panel and click on it. The main panel will be updated with all the tests of the application.
- Look for the test name of the test you want and click on it (or choose Show baselines from the row menu ).
- The display will change to the Test Baselines page, which displays all the baselines associated with that test on the default branch (or the last branch you used on any page).
- Select the branch you want from the branch selector.
- The main panel of the page shows a list of all the baselines for the selected application, test and branch.
These pages are very similar, the difference is that the Branch baselines page contains baselines for all the tests in the branch and the test baselines page only shows the baselines for the test you chose on the Apps & test page.
Now initiate the copy by taking the following steps:
- Make sure you are in baseline-detail view .
- Select the baselines you want to copy using the checkboxes on each row or by using the filter tool and the select toggle tools in the toolbar.
- Click the tool on the toolbar.
- Eyes will display a dialog that allows you type a branch name. As you type, existing branches will be displayed in a dropdown menu. You can either select an existing branch, or type the name of a non existing branch and it will be created.
- You can type text in the dialog text box and the list of branches will be narrowed down to the branches that contain the text you typed.
- Click on the destination branch, and then click copy to branch to proceed with the copy or Cancel to cancel the copy operation.