Create a free Applitools account and get your Applitools API KEY
- You may skip this step if you want to hard code the API KEY inside the tutorial project's code.
- It's better to set APPLITOOLS_API_KEY as a system variable (in Windows) or in the
~/.zshrcrecipe file (in MacOS) so that it will be automatically set when you open a new terminal shell.
Install git from https://git-scm.comtip
gitis optional. You need this mainly to clone the demo project from the Github repository. Instead of installing
git, you can simply download the Zip file from the repo. Further, If you are using Mac OSX, you already have
🚀 Run the existing demo app
Get the code:
- Option 1:
git clone https://github.com/applitools/calabash-test-android-app
- Option 2: Download it as a Zip file and unzip it.
- Option 1:
From the command line:
bundle exec calabash-android run ./app/build/outputs/apk/debug/app-debug.apk
🤓 Add Applitools to an existing project
Install the SDK
gem install eyes_calabash
Example Calabash Android Feature
Don't suffer in silence! Let us help you. Please reach out to us to get your project working.
Taking the next steps with Applitools
Congratulations on completing this quickstart! There's still so much to learn about visual testing with Applitools, but you're off to a great start.
Resources for next steps:
- 🤖 Learning how visual testing works
- ↔️ Setting match levels for visual checkpoints
- 💥 Troubleshooting common issues
- 🐞 Reporting bugs
- 🗺 Detailed overview of visual testing with Applitools